Mental Health Issues in the Geriatric Patient
Purpose: This course focuses on
common conditions seen in geriatric patients with special attention to the
nursing home and the nurse’s role in the management of these conditions, with
consideration given to race and culture. The course looks at mental health
issues with a special attention to the geriatric clients including the topics of
dementia, depression, anxiety, bipolar disease and insomnia.
GeriCEU, LLC does not endorse any
commercial products displayed in conjunction with an activity.
The author, planning committee and feedback personnel for this course have
declared no conflict of interest. There is no
commercial support or sponsorship for this activity.
Off-label medication use will be discussed in
this course and when an off-label medication is discussed it will be clearly
labeled as an off-label use. GeriCEU, LLC does not endorse off-label
medication use, but it is mentioned so the readers understand why some
clinicians utilize medications off-label.
In order to receive credit for this
course the exam must be passed and payment must be made. An evaluation form is
offered after passing any exam.
A passing grade of at least 70% needs
to be achieved on this exam and
an evaluation form needs to be completed. A certificate with the 3 contact hours
can then be opened to print or save. A copy will also be emailed. You will need to register before taking any exams.
Registration is free.
1. Compare and contrast three different types of dementia.
2. List five interventions useful in the management of a demented patient.
3. List the diagnostic criteria for depression and anxiety
4. Compare and contrast the treatment modalities for depression and anxiety
5. Discuss clinical findings associated with geriatric bipolar disease
6. Discuss treatment options associated with bipolar disease
7. List five common causes of insomnia
8. Compare and contrast non-pharmacological and pharmacologic methods to improve
| Register |
no commercial support or sponsorship for these activities.
author, planning committee and feedback personnel have declared no
conflict of interest.
GeriCEU, LLC does not endorse any commercial products
displayed in our courses. Off-label medication use may be discussed
in some courses.
GeriCEU, LLC does not endorse off-label medication use, but
it may be mentioned so the readers understand why some clinicians
utilize medications off label.
If off label medication is discussed it will be clearly
marked as off-label.